It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 19:24

All times are UTC

Post subject: Animal Puzzle Box
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 06:44 

Game name: Russell Thorne
I Decided to make a forum post to better detail the rules and setting of my RP add.....because sending multiple messages to lots of people is just silly, especially when they would all be the same message.

So, to start with, the basic premise is that SOMEHOW, through the forces of RP, you or I come into possession of this relic. Could be bought in an antique shop, mistakenly delivered, found in an attic, etc. We can know each other or not, that's up to you.

The objective is to solve the puzzle and release the spirit within, who will grant one wish to the one who solved the box, upon which the spirit will travel back to it's home. To do this, each of us take turns moving the parts around and attempting to solve the puzzle within our turns time limit. (through RP of course, there isn't a puzzle box game online that anywhere near as complicated as this thing.)

Rules: To win, both players must get a combined total of 12 successful attempts, Before they each get to 10 failures. (as an example: P1 has 4 successes and 9 failures, one more fail and they lose, but are not out of the game yet as P2 can still solve the puzzle if they get 8 more successes.)

Success and Failures are determined by a roll of a D100 using https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm
at the start of each turn, the player does a short description of what they want to do, and they call High or Low. I roll the die, and give a short description depending on the result.
Currently I'm experimenting with a 4 result system: 1-10=Critical fail (+2) 11-50=Fail(+1) 51-90=Success(+1) 91-100=Critical Success (+2) Here is an example from a helpful volunteer:
[ (attempt #1 (low) Result: 27) I manage to pull a few bars into place and they lock together, an embedded line matching on each side. I fiddle a bit more with it, but before I make any more progress, the whole thing locks up and I can't move it anymore. "weird...your only allowed to try for a little bit of time? oh well, that was my turn, you're up." I hold out the puzzle towards you with a smile.]

Each player Must take at least one turn per day(in the RP, not Irl)with a 3 attempts limit. Failure to take at least 1 turn, results in an automatic failure added for that player. attempting to cheat in any way, including trying to break open the box, will also result in an added failure.

Now on to the TF's! Before the start of the game, each player will give the other five animals, numbered 1-5, and then use a much simpler RNG(https://www.random.org/) to determine which 'card' that player draws. (for example, I'll give you 1.___ 2.___3.___4.___5.___. you set the minimum to 1 one and the maximum to 5 and roll, getting ___) we'll determine at the start of the RP if you'd like us to do our own changes, or do them for each other, but after every failure, the player will change more into the animal on their card. As a note, the game won't make it so you cannot play, so even if your limbs become hoofs, flippers, etc, the game will 'make adjustments' so that you can play. As well, it would not take away your ability to speak, though as the change progresses, you'll most likely start speaking more like the animal until the final change.

I think I should cover the RP aspect as well, though it won't take long. When not actively taking a turn, we are free to RP as is seen fit. after the maximum or minimum attempts per day, we go about engaging with each other and the setting. simple as that.

Lastly, if there are any questions, or things that you'd like explained better, just ask here!

Last edited by Dayn on 29 Aug 2016, 07:15, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Animal Puzzle Box
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 07:13 

Game name: Btsosie
Hello this is sam mackingly II and you said leave this i hope this is right

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2016, 07:21 

Btsosie wrote:
Hello this is sam mackingly II and you said leave this i hope this is right

indeed it is.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 21:19 

Game name: Talon Karrde, Marcus Wylde
Hiya Marcus Wylde here, might you still be interested in trying this RP? It's quite intriguing.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2016, 10:28 

I'm taking a little break atm, but I'm still taking those interested.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 17:06 

Game name: Talon Karrde, Marcus Wylde
Righto, definitely interested if/when you decide to get back into it.