It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 01:58

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 17:43 

Game name: Tabitha Jackman
1. What the outcome is after the bug happens (do you see the "An Error has Occured" screen? Is something not happening the way you expect it to be?)
2. When this started happening (new updates often break older stuff)
======================

I just got this within the last half-hour or so, so hoping a time-stamp appears on this post to tell you when this occurred. (Something like just after noon Central US Time on May 8, 2017.)

This is in a couple of pieces.

First, I took the vaccine for the Bimbocalypse Plague. I'm supposed to be immune, from what I think I'm reading. But, attacking Lady Lovebringer, PHD, she seems to be able to re-infect, even while "My Effects" says I'm still immune for another 90+ turns.

Second, I had been getting 12 XP points per attack on her. On about the fifth attack, I *lost* 13 XP instead of gaining any.

For the moment, this seems to be something other than the way it should work.

PostPosted: 08 May 2017, 17:48 

Was just able to replicate the situation where I lost 13 XP in an attack on her, even though the text says I gained 12.0 XP. (Added 7+ hours later->)Seems this only occurs while you're a Bimbocalypse Plague Victim. But, not seeing any comment on this being something that should be a result of the spell.

Also seems to disallow more than a 20.428% reduction in Willpower so far against her, and at that point seems to teleport me several squares away from her location. Just able to go above that amount with another strike. (Also added later, now nearly 65%.)

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 05:57 

Game name: Breena Victor
Centaur wrote:
First, I took the vaccine for the Bimbocalypse Plague. I'm supposed to be immune, from what I think I'm reading. But, attacking Lady Lovebringer, PHD, she seems to be able to re-infect, even while "My Effects" says I'm still immune for another 90+ turns.

The vaccine makes you immune against the curse that randomly tfs you, "Infectious Bimbo Kiss" - it has no effect on the Bringer of the Bimbocalypse spell, which will still turn you when cast on you.

Centaur wrote:
Second, I had been getting 12 XP points per attack on her. On about the fifth attack, I *lost* 13 XP instead of gaining any.

If you're in the Bimbocalypse Plague Victim, attacking the boss will indeed make you lose XP, it's intended that way.

PostPosted: 09 May 2017, 17:21 

breena.coppersun wrote:
Centaur wrote:

The vaccine makes you immune against the curse that randomly tfs you, "Infectious Bimbo Kiss" - it has no effect on the Bringer of the Bimbocalypse spell, which will still turn you when cast on you.

Considering the circumstances, which seem (if I'm not mistaken) to bring about the same result (the same transformed state as a consequence), this didn't seem clear to me at all (else I wouldn't have posted here about the issue). Is there perhaps some way to add clarity in the My Effects description so it's crystal clear what is supposed to happen or not happen? The spell, when it succeeds, creates the active disease. It just seemed immunity was immunity.

breena.coppersun wrote:
Centaur wrote:

If you're in the Bimbocalypse Plague Victim, attacking the boss will indeed make you lose XP, it's intended that way.

Perhaps for clarity's sake, if this is the intent, might it not be worth somewhere adding to the description that shows you adding +12.0 XP that you're also suffering a penalty of -25.0 XP at the same time for making this attack while suffering with the plague? I did look around in wikis and elsewhere for documentation of this, too, and didn't find it, so having something spelled out here might be a happy answer to avoid confusion later. If so, my preference would be something shown in-game first, added to documentation either second or in addition.

Also, to add my own two cents here...if the intent is to take down the "Boss" (Dr. Lovebringer) here, the penalties seem to add up (at least for me as a level 8 player) as far more costly than the reward at the end of the scenario. Yes, I was thrilled to get 545 XP at the end, and didn't know that would happen. It helped. But, with the time I spent on it, I might more easily have stayed away, searched the map, and gotten a couple of levels (say, 1000-1500 XP or more) for the same effort. Maybe that's as it should be, maybe not. But, it seems to me simply not getting half the 12.0 XP I was (otherwise) seeing, while under the impact of the spell, would be enough penalty. Removing 25 XP per attack seems like too much disincentive to play the event.