It is currently 25 Mar 2018, 01:41

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2015, 03:21 

Game name: Niko Hollen
I've written up a spell that turns a victim into a heavy, solid gold nose ring, designed for a bull but fashionable for anyone.

I don't have much in the way of art-making on my netbook however. Can anyone lend me their pencil and help me with this spell?

Many thanks!

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015, 02:56 

Game name: Camren Doss
I can help... But the question is, how would this defer from a normal golden ring?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015, 18:30 

Game name: Andrego Versailles
I can help here! As the resident Minotaur, which I've been RPing consistently for 20 years... I know a LOT about the mark of ownership in question and I can't WAIT to be ringed!!
So I will begin by saying THANK YOU NIKO FOR THIS ITEM!! And Happy Birthday!!

A standard torc is significantly larger than a standard golden band. however, without a mark of measurement for your image... There really would not be one. The only suggestions I might have would be to lay it beside a ruler, for a standard ownership ring would be about 4-6" in circumference or roughly the size of a wrist bracelet... For your image, this would be very tacky. It would better fit the character description for the ring, than the image itself. Alternatively, you could engrave the ring with something like an inscription in black on the bottom front facing the "camera", denoting something like "Slave: X346" or something like that. That would have more practicality for a visual mark for the image.

BUT! MY personal suggestion? Take a patch of fur, draw the nostrils above that the back of the band disappears into, showing where the septum itself is pierced. The whole picture is essentially a "too close for comfort" closeup of a bull's muzzle, showing the ring already in place on its wearer. I know if I were to draw it? That'd be my image of choice, and as a minotaur myself... Definitely the image I'd want to see for my mark of ownership. If someone is brave enough to try to ring -this- bull...

Hope that all helps! Thanks again for making this item happen! hugs to you both! cant wait to wear one!

Dylan Jessup
Resident (full time in character) Minotaur of Sunnyglade