It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 19:38

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Boss
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2016, 00:41 

Game name: Frederika/Freya/Fuki Rein
Hi. It's me and my another stupid idea.

I suggest making a new boss of alruane form, who would dwell in her lair from the very start of the round till the end of the round or her own. She would be immobile, not roaming around like other bosses thus being able to co-exist with them and so the only way to fight her would be entering her domain (2 new tiles - entrance (you get warned in there about boss) and her lair) which is supposedly attached to Scarlet forest.

She would at first immobilize invader and then fight them. The fight would be pretty simple: either you defeat her, or you get transformed into the immobile alruane concubine, unable to attack your new Mistress and doomed to grow in her garden (aka lair) - if you tried to restore she would attack you, unless you get a form among listed below.

She would be agressive to all forms but plants of all sorts (trees, alruane concubines, pumpkin gal, normal alruane, vine girl and whomever else were in this category) - but those forms couldn't attack her (like in case with Bimbo Boss - she wouldn't aggro the beforementioned forms and on any attack she will answer with curse - kiss of silence, prohibiting you from attacking this boss).

She wouldn't be special in fighting - she would be simply strong NPC, with high regeneration but not too high WP bar. So you could pvp her alone if you are strong and know what to build against her. Given that she doesn't have an army of loyal concubines, willing to protect her.

I don't know if it's possible (probably not), but it would be nice if player could talk to her. Even though she would only fight most people, she could talk a lot with forms friendly to her.

I could write about her lore, form, her pretty alruane concubines, explain why more plantgirls wouldn't hurt, give suggestions about making boss more interesting and complex, but if this much won't be interesting, then writing more would be a waste and unnecessary complication for those who reads it.

I hope that this idea makes sense and it picked at least someones interest. I can tell more about it if it is given greenlight. Thanks for attention.

Post subject: Re: New Boss
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2016, 20:39 

Game name: Crissa
Write it up! Descriptions, attack messages are the meat and potatoes. Then poke around and get art assets for it. I think it sounds like a great idea; an aggressive mostly stationary boss.

-Crissa

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2016, 22:02 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
There's a bit of thematic overlap with the newest boss, Narcissa. Mechanics are different enough though, especially if she's less of a Spawn at minimum Turn X and End When Defeated type boss, more of a persistent neutral NPC.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2016, 01:57 

Judoo, can you please explain to me what do you mean by persistant neutral NPC? NPC like Rusty, but attackable and fightable? Or I didn't understand it?
And anyway, I am working on her description and attack spell. I hope to present them soon.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2016, 00:15 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
I mean something like a psychopath, but probably a good bit tougher and with some different AI. So yes, sort of like an attackable Wuffie or Lindella (they too used to be attackable once upon a time) who are mostly neutral but will put up a fight if challenged.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016, 18:56 

Description:
Spoiler:
A tall and majestic, almost unearthly beauty towers on a huge sea of green. The highest embodiment of power of these lands, ruler and guardian of the forest, she is Howlraune Sultaness.
Her long vines and roots, each with the muzzle and mind of a wolf, patrol the whole forest, like a pack of deadly predators, protecting their territory.
Fiery and extremely dangerous, they show no mercy to those unfortunate enough to be labelled as enemies. Fortunately, Howlraune isn't aggresive, in fact she is simply concerned about her sumptuous garden's safety. She is actually willing to be on good terms with non-plants, as it is her aim to help all those in need, inside her forest.
All those vines and roots converge at the base of a beautiful flower, which is the lower body of the sultaness herself. Her face has a sharp look, both intimidating and comforting at the same time, her stunning emerald eyes root into your mind the idea that she's superior to you. She has a slender and curvy figure, completed with nice hips and flat belly, while her breasts are full of juice. As a trace of her long lost, former humanity, she has a 'flower' hidden in her loins, which she uses to play with her harem of plant girls concubines. Her garment is mostly grey, to dull a bit of her otherwise overwhelming beauty, only her tiara and cloak are autstanding. The little crown would fit on the head of any monarch, but her cloak is something else. Clad at the base in wolf fur, it consists of countless, iridescent petals, forming a dazzling rainbow behind her back.
This rainbow highlights the sultaness, no other creature is as colourful, charming and majestic as her, making her the center of her garden and the forest alike. Craving for more and more concubines she always try to lure more wizards in her harem, leaving Sunnyglade more empty with each passing day.

Art progress:
http://ednaschafer.deviantart.com/art/T ... -598632406

Ideas for interaction:
- making her regeneration/restoration close to 0 and have her stats not too high for lategame - but allowing her concubines (players) significantly heal her, protecting her (they would have "heal" button on her if possible, unfortunately I don't have any idea if it's possible, so it could be moved to npc intrractions)
- letting player choose interaction option where he willingly eats magical seeds (gets cursed) and soon becomes the concubine
- concubines can play with Howlruane Sultaness and get spells and xp, like with Jewdewfae (to prevent abuse, effect simular to Back on your feet could be used and/or Jewdewfae won't play with you if you played with this NPC);
- she tells some of her lore;
- indicates where is the closest psycho atm;
- attacking concubine on her safeground=attacking boss (concubines can't attack Sultaness);
- this NPC could actually have a cov made of voluntiraly applying concubines?

We work on it. I would like to know what is good and bad, how do I submit it further (through this topic?), what is possible to implement and what is not and etc.
Also it would be lovely to have multiply concubines, but I doubt it's possible to make a lot of them if it is left for one artist.
I know I am being a bit too rushy over things, yet I hopr you people like how this idea develops.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016, 19:53 

Game name: Crissa
I thought the first idea was to interact with some of the pre-existing forms?

-Crissa

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2016, 20:07 

It would include interactions with pre-existing forms too.
All plant forms would do nearly anything with Howlruane, except for playing with her as concubines - it gives plantgirls lesser reward then concubines, but allowes them to get all interaction.
Concubines are needed for fighting and RPing mostly.
If you think I am making wrong turn or I could use another idea - then please tell me.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 03:16 

Game name: Venne Gerov
Don't know if the forum has any rules on Necro posting or not; if there is then I apologize in advance Mods.
Just a question on the topic, is it still a work in progress, or has the project been dropped?

Bad Times,

You know I've had my Share

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2017, 08:08 

Hello.
As of now, the work is stopped on this idea.
There is a spell related to the boss idea (Sunflower Concubine) which will be released as a common spell after being approved and there is a completed art for the boss. Some scraps for boss texts too.
However, adding such boss requires greenlighting on technical side.
Currently neither I nor the artist are interested in leading this project. However, the concubine spell is out and if and I'll be glad to share details about the project.
Artist of the boss form is willing to allow to use the boss art for the original purpose (the idea of such boss), but not for a moving boss, simple variation of existing one or a regular form purposes.

In short, the boss project is dropped but if someone is interested they can continue it.