It is currently 20 May 2018, 23:26

All times are UTC

Post subject: Attack modal suggestions
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2016, 16:10 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
Something that hasn't been improved in a long time (and doesn't disrupt refactoring other code, so it's easier to do than new features) is the attack modal. Any suggestions on how you would like it to be changed? I was thinking of making it sort of like the Spells page in that it lists the spell name and resulting form in a datatables, since with 500+ spells finding what you want in the modal, even with filtering on, is a bit of a chore.

I was also thinking adding a few more entries for last spells cast, not just strictly the last one.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 01:55 

Game name: Chastity Meerkat
It might be handy to be able to 'Favorite' spells like you do with Pokemon... not that I'm playing a lot of Go... >.> Anyway, it might be nice to be able to tag certain ones to always appear near the top of the list when you go to zap somebody.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 05:36 

Game name: Kevin (Gates/Portalz)
A quick search box would be helpful, similar to the one on the equipment helper.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2016, 19:42 

Game name: Melina Mercy
Favorites is definitely a good idea. Been brought up before but a tagging system would also be nice at some point (i.e. "Show me all spells tagged with 'bimbo'")

I would also be in favor of a UI rework on mobile. You pretty much have to use the expand option once you get a certain number of spells as the window doesn't scroll correctly in mobile unless you do that.

Screenshot (spoiler'd for size):
Spoiler:

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2016, 05:49 

Game name: Elyn Kitsu
Warlock wrote:
Favorites is definitely a good idea. Been brought up before but a tagging system would also be nice at some point (i.e. "Show me all spells tagged with 'bimbo'")

I would also be in favor of a UI rework on mobile. You pretty much have to use the expand option once you get a certain number of spells as the window doesn't scroll correctly in mobile unless you do that.

Spoiler:

To be fair, this is a problem on Desktop as well. The spell menu just doesn't scroll at all

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2016, 17:09 

Game name: Melina Mercy
Elynsynos wrote:
Warlock wrote:

Spoiler:

To be fair, this is a problem on Desktop as well. The spell menu just doesn't scroll at all

Really? It works on desktop for me (more specifically I can scroll the whole page which scrolls the spell menu)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 04:52 

Game name: Elizabeth Stearns
I wish we could remove 'Latest' from the modal. I have 6 spells sitting there. I liked it better when it just showed the last spell used. Now I have to either remember which one I was casting, or scroll at the bottom to check. Some 'improvements' are not improvements.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2017, 13:39 

Game name: Dana Tacida
I think this popup is reasonably good as of now. Not great, but good enough. Maybe some icon instead of text should be cool there :)

What I struggle in is targeting. You know, you have a psycho and suddenly there are three of them and a bunch of players with them and if you have bad memory, you have to spend some time to find the target and (if you're unlucky and your last spell cache disappeared after round update) sometimes the spell as well.
If the mechanics could use those fancy TF energy counters on the target as a base for tagging the spell (maybe some icon on target with TF energy from me?) it should be more fun as we already have to wait a lot of time for reloads.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 23:45 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
In the future we may add an attack x 1, 2, or 3 against the target.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 11:25 

Game name: Dana Tacida
For this I have a minor suggestion. You know, when you spend you preccious time to find your totaly nice spell... perhaps there could be some function to load it for immediate use. Because for the time being you have to remember the name and find it again in the attack popup which is unhandy.