It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 21:32

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2016, 23:04 

Game name: Kason Durant
Heya! I had a session going with somebody today, and we got pretty off topic about the plague event. I thought I'd share the ideas that popped up. I know they are utterly ridiculous, and would probably be a nightmare to implement, but they are there for the taking if any of you coders want them.

In no particular order:

1. Lovebringer casts more than just her signature spell. With the population of men drying up quick, you would think there would be a good case for Vibrating Vex or Lonely Toys as an example. Perhaps this would be restricted to just the folks that are directly attacking her. Still stays within the bimbo theme.

2. Bimbos could be forced to use the shout functionality to say ridiculous bimbo things, especially to unchanged people in the vicinity. I could see them getting chattier, and more hive minded in their ramblings as they concentrated in a particular map square.
2a. I bet bimbos love their phones. I could just imagine them feeling compelled to send flirty messages and selfies to everyone on their friends list. Perhaps they would be sneakier, and try to get their friends to meet them at their location for the sake of spreading the virus, and doing what bimbos do best.

3. Bimbo speechalayzer. With a little pattern matching and some string replacements any message could be at least partially turned into bimbo speak. "Th" can be substituted for "s", for a quick lisp. "like" could be easily inserted after conjunctions rather safely, and merely appending "Oh my gawd!", or other cliched phrases to the beginning or end of a message would work in most cases.
3a. This is not really bimbo related, but a more generic system could be created and introduced as an optional feature to impart speech changes for spells. I could imagine having the functionality would be a lot of fun, and bring some more real consequences to certain forms. It would probably be best if it was optional. I could see it being divisive, but personally I'd love to help with something like this, even if it is just contributing regexes to spell writers that need a bit of a hand. Obviously this would need to be curated for performance and security reasons. This is probably the craziest idea we thought of.

4. The bimbo plague is basically the TT zombie plague. If they could horde up that would be amazing. Forced March came to mind as a place to start, and then some way of handling the hordes.
4a. They could protect Lovebringer. This seems natural, but oh boy would it make it more difficult. Balance issues would seem to be a concern.
4b. They could go roaming in packs trying to find pockets of players holed up.
4c. Pack leaders could be chosen randomly, or perhaps by something like power (level). The idea of having alpha bimbos crossed my mind. Perhaps Lovebringer has an alternate spell for the stronger mages. This would be a good bit of fun, especially for those who have put the time into the round up to that point.
4d. It would be amazing if certain areas could be "barricaded". Perhaps a special enchantment opportunity at the entrance to building locations that make sense. Of course, the chaos might make it inside, either through the front door, or a seemingly normal denizen who happens to be carrying the virus, but has yet to turn.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If nothing else I hope you're now having as much fun thinking about the possibilities as I did. Some of this can be done just by your own RP too. Go nuts out there bimbos.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 16:32 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
I've thought about giving Lovebringer some more bimbo spells, including perhaps a male bimbo version (though that would involve a bit of retconning on my part.)

Some fun ideas here. Kingdom of Loathing did something similar to your messages and chat posts when your character was drunk, randomly inserting *hic* and such in your speech. Having them message your friends randomly might get rather confusing though, unless it's made abundantly clear that they weren't the originators of the text.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 16:40 

Game name: Kari Pink
Although messaging friends randomly could be interesting, I do imagine that would cause some drama when Lovebringer comes about.

If such a system were to be considered, why not just shouts? Don't have it count towards the users shout, but have a chance at the start of a turn to shout a random bimbo line type of deal?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 19:24 

Game name: Melina Mercy
Yeah shouts would be great. I like that idea.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2016, 19:49 

Game name: Aaron Clark
I think if the speech replacement thing affected only shouts that would likely be much more feasible.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 05:59 

Some forced speech sounds rather fun...

:lol:

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 15:49 

I like the idea of being able to set up a barricade. Like, you select a square, and any bimbo who enters can only go out the way they came. Of course, this barricade would have to be defended from the Bimbos... Maybe, it starts with some arbitrary amount of health, and each turn a bimbo is in the square, they loose their free attack but reduce the health by one? So if there's one bimbo smacking at it there's no problem, but if Lady Lovebringer brought her horde with her (See the Forced March idea above) it could be overrun in a matter of 3-4 turns?

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2016, 16:32 

Game name: Joe Nobody
Perhaps bonus XP for casting on non-bimbos and no XP for casting on bimbos other than the good doctor.
Add a bimbo spell for the infected to create more bimbo's themselves -or- possibly create lesser bimbos, male bimbos....bimbo toys ie phone, clutch, heels, tea cup dog pet....

ideas to ruminate on.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 17:25 

Would it be much work to have more than one possible avatar for plague victims? It's kind of monotonous when everyone ends up with the same look.

In Lovebringer's avie, there are a few different bimbo looks in the background beside her. Perhaps we could have some of these separated out and made into individual avatar pictures, so victims could be assigned a random look from among the set (and perhaps even a couple more, if the art people have time)?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2017, 22:46 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
There's only one picture per form, so for this to work there'd need to be a new spell for each form. I'm not against having that kind of variety if the spells and artworks are provided.