It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 19:39

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2017, 03:11 

Am putting this topic in so we my talk abut how this system can be made better. The 'sealing' and the 'unsealing' mechanic.: If you have a player that has been turned into a item or pet you can use a attack point and 10ap to deal -3% if it gets below -200 or so 'the seal will be compete.' AKA it makes the item/pet lock into that form. Unsealing does this in revise you can use a recovery point and 10ap to gave the item/pet +3% if you do this to a locked item/pet you build up tf energy to unlock it so it can struggle free. What do you think good idea or bad idea?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 18:23 

Game name: Ai Noai
I like it :D :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2017, 19:52 

Game name: Erin Keys
I really like this idea, but I would add one nuance: Sealing and Unsealing have a risk of "blowback" – there is a 10% chance that when you seal/unseal, in addition to/instead of your progress on the seal, you are hit with 20% TF energy for the subject's transformation. Too many attempts, too quickly results in you reaching 100% and turning into the object/pet yourself. This adds a risk/cost to fighting to lock an unwilling target.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2017, 23:07 

Back when I came up with this the main nuance was other PVP player seeing you try to lock some one and go. "Oh I see that you what that to bad you cant fight back and get what you want." But I like your idea a bit more but I will make it so it's 10% TF energy per "blowback" and make it so the object/pet turns human and the sealer ends up the object/pet.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 09:50 

Game name: Dana Tacida
dirigeable wrote:
I really like this idea, but I would add one nuance: Sealing and Unsealing have a risk of "blowback" ... Too many attempts, too quickly results in you reaching 100% and turning into the object/pet yourself. This adds a risk/cost to fighting to lock an unwilling target.

I like this blowback :D . Perhaps this mechanism could be used for leveling a rogue or an abandoned item too. With the consequences.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2017, 06:02 

What about if there was a Karma system behind the scenes, PVP players (outside of the dungeon) who TF other players way below their level or attacking players that don't fight back (and aren't on each other friends list or covenant) start building up negative Karma.

When a player with alot of negative Karma gets finally TF'd, it starts them alot further along to being locked. (like over -%100 in worst case scenarios).
It also makes your sealing spell deal more -% damage to them than it would otherwise.

So unwilling innocent players could struggle free fairly easily, but players that have been a menace going around ganking others would at risk of being locked quite easily.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2017, 01:35 

A karma system may sound nice but it's looks like it will be hard to put a % on it, maybe a level based modifier can work here.
Lets say that a level 2 animate player finds a level 2 item if the animate try's to seal it the odds of a 'blowback' will be at base be 20% but if the item is level 3 it go's up to 25% and go's down if the animate out levels the item.
I feel like it gaves the player some risk if they try to stel a hi level item off the ground hopeing to make it ther own but all so makeing it pasable that you can lay back leveling up low level items to your level.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 21:19 

Game name: Angie Looper
I had heard the original game in earlier rounds did not even have the ability to struggle free. Everyone was PvP and if you were transformed, it was permanent.

I don't think they want to go back in that direction with the game. They want to leave control in the hands of every player and respect all the play styles here.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 12:17 

Game name: Dana Tacida
Inoyushi wrote:
I had heard the original game in earlier rounds did not even have the ability to struggle free. Everyone was PvP and if you were transformed, it was permanent.

I don't think they want to go back in that direction with the game. They want to leave control in the hands of every player and respect all the play styles here.

I think it is more about development power then anything else. This additional interaction is initiated by animate player, so there can be consequences without impact on playability. Everybody is her own happiness maker. There could be beware message with use (not modal, just warning when used).

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2018, 16:02 

Game name: Tiffany
I like that idea, but I feel like that blowback/sealing/unsealing could also be used to switching forms with the target. As in, you try to seal your pet in, blowback happens and suddenly you're the pet, while your pet is whatever form you where before that. It's propably hard to actually implement this, but it could add a few fun mechanics for the bodyswap lovers.