It is currently 20 May 2018, 23:28

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2017, 03:44 

Game name: Chastity Meerkat
How impossible would it be to code a little check box, like reserving your name, to start you off in the new round in the same form that you ended the last round? Primarily I'm thinking for pets or objects who might want to continue their RP status through the changeover (but presumably they would spawn on Lindella) but potentially it could apply to your animate forms as well.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 22:02 

Game name: Angie Looper
This would be an awesome way to achieve what many inanimate players want, the ability to choose what item you spawn as instead of just from a category.

This is also a really easy way to implement it from a coding perspective. Just add a checkbox to start as the last form you were in. There are already variables that cross over between rounds (friends list) so I'm sure it would be simple to implement. This way it doesn't require adding a weird/convoluted drop down menu to select exactly what form you'd like.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 15:44 

Game name: Breena Victor
Inoyushi wrote:
There are already variables that cross over between rounds (friends list) so I'm sure it would be simple to implement.

Friend lists and bios and reserved names are linked to the ACCOUNT. Accounts are what you log in as when joining the website; for example, an account could be user123 with the password textext321.

The forms are linked to the PLAYER. The player is the character you have in the game. user123 could’ve created the player Fat Dicks on the character creation screen, for example again.

Accounts carry over rounds, as you might have noticed. Each account has an ID - it used to be a number (for example, mine is 12079, which you can view in the url of a player’s bio) and newer formats are stuff like b7810f08-459d-43b2-8062-45af2052b80c.

The problem with this is that players, or characters, are fully deleted every round. They’re different from accounts as there is a new one created every round by the same account (or with each reroll, that’s a new character too). They also have IDs, that are numbers which you can view on a player’s profile (/LookAtPlayer). Since the form is linked to the player, it is impossible to pass over to the next round, as there is nothing to attach it to that actually goes in the next round.

So yeah, not that simple to code in.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 18:34 

Game name: Angie Looper
I think it is. You just have a new account variable that updates every time you change forms and is linked to your account. It wouldn't matter if the actual character information was deleted because a copy of the information would be stored in the form of a variable kept separate from your character.