It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 21:27

All times are UTC

Post subject: New stable NPCs proposal
PostPosted: 02 Jan 2018, 07:30 

Game name: Dana Tacida
Hello.
I'd like to propose addition of some new stable NPCs into the city. I know it is unnecessary work which take time, but I believe it can be implemented with today code.
The reason is there is almost no need to travel a city when you play long enough in round or chaos. We have many shops here without any shopkeeper, which is pity.

My proposal is:
Ophalia NPC, Ophalia's Embroidery (Front Counter), sell clothes (generaly inanimates)

Sugar NPC, , sell cookies and cakes (generaly reusable items)

Carolyne NPC, Carolyne's Coffee Shop (Front Counter), sell coffee, mugs and condoms (generaly reusable items)

Pumper NPC, Pump-N-Dash Gas Station (Front Counter), sell condoms, food and lovedolls (generaly reusable items)

Dr. Hardkin NPC, Dr. Hadkin's Research Clinic (Laboratory), change (un)locked item for a same level copy for a price. Original item can then decide if it unlock and free self or lock/stay locked and be sold to Ophalia or Lindella.

Lindella wandering NPC should occassionaly pick up items from the ground on the street where she stand and sell what she buy or find only.

Bartender NPC, Oldport Concert Hall (Bar Counter), a copy of smely sorcerers tawern.

Maybe some others as well. It could spread players in the city a bit and easy RPs with inanimate ends in normal rounds. Competitors can keep their items this way and not deal with complaining and struggling.

PostPosted: 02 Jan 2018, 22:36 

Game name: Breena Victor
All those NPCs would sell reusable and clothing, thus - my only question is, where would they get them? Are they going to generate inanimate psychos to sell or are they, like Lindella, going to sell what they buy from players? Because I honestly don't see many players taking the two seconds they need to think about which NPC will buy their item and where it is, they'll just go for Lindella immediately without a second thought.

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2018, 06:56 

breena.coppersun wrote:
All those NPCs would sell reusable and clothing, thus - my only question is, where would they get them? Are they going to generate inanimate psychos to sell or are they, like Lindella, going to sell what they buy from players? Because I honestly don't see many players taking the two seconds they need to think about which NPC will buy their item and where it is, they'll just go for Lindella immediately without a second thought.

Honestly, where else they can go? There is only one merchant for every class. Wanna spell? Search or go to librarian. Wanna item? Search, transform a psycho or go to Lindella. Wanna buy pet? Woofie is your only option. etc etc
If I want to nitpick, I could ask where Lindella take her money? She hardly sell more then buy.

Those merchants have their sellpoints. For Ophalia's there are clothes and items. She can produce them or buy them from Lindella or whatever. Where you go in real life when you want a cake or a donut? To street rag-and-bone woman hardly. You go to the bakery or a store which buy from it.

I could propose they sell unique items as TG orbs and tomes or potions or cookies doing desired or random transformation and a lot of others and nobody will add it, because it is a lot of work and there are no pictures and ... add your favorite.

But generally the point is, there are defined places where you can expect certain figure and there is nobody. Even if they just give you quests, like bring something for a price, and actually sell nothing, they could add to RP realm of the game.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 06:49 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
I've thought about adding in a new NPC that handles all the baked goods that hangs out in the coffee shop or kitchen. Although it'd be little more than a cosmetic change at that point, so I haven't been sure whether or not it would be worth it to introduce more merchants.

I'd also like to add in a bounty hunter NPC where players can set or receive bounties by taking out high level PvP targets.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 08:41 

I like the bounty hunter NPC, that could be neat. As for other merchants, I think Lindella can buy stuff more than sell it. Those merchants should sell goods which falls in their area of bussiness.

When we are at level of non trivial changes, I'd like to propose one more: Landlord NPC for appartment building, who sell 'Sleep in your own bed' curse. It put player into a state similar to 'Back on your feet' except it is general no attacks for all. Length about 6 rounds (long enough to go offline) and cool down 30 rounds. That could offer a protection from unwanted attention in offline in RL state and you can have your home. (This functionality is maybe obtained by other means, but I'm not a guild type, so apologize my ignorance please.)