It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 21:25

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 21:18 

Game name: Angie Looper
I think a couple of things being added would be REALLY cool and vastly increase the appeal/quality of life being inanimate or a pet.

1. Being able to see where your owner is at all times and having access to a full log of player movements on the area you're in. It isn't very flavorful that you can see all surrounding players, but not the actual location your owner is at. I feel like inanimate players should be able to act as a spy to help their friends hunt down their current owner if they so chose to, or even just to interact with their animate friends more by acting as eyes and ears. You could even have these as a toggled setting for the owner to allow such things or restrict their items vision of the area and surrounding players as a role playing tool.

2. When your owner intentionally drops you or gets transformed and drops you, there should be a notification explaining what happened. When your owner sells you to a npc, there should be a notification saying who sold you to the npc. When you're bought from a npc there should be a notification too.

3. Combat interaction. When your owner is being attacked with spells, you should have notifications to let you know that they're in combat! Additional interactions could be added based on your form that grant a temporary buff of stats for 1 turn to help or hinder your owner. For example if your item grants Magicka, Regeneration, and negative Discipline; you could choose to boost one of those bonuses by 20% until the end of turn, for example.

4. Interaction from owner to inanimate/pet. You should be able to rub your items back, or pet your animals. This could do any number of things from redefining how inanimate players get experience to simply boosting the effect of their next interaction with you.

5. This one is more controversial, but it could be something to be toggled similarly to #1 by the owner. What if you, as an inanimate player or pet... were forwarded copies of all of your owners messages sent and received while they own you? From an improved role playing perspective, I think it would be amazing! Everything is communicated via private messages, and thematically speaking, it makes sense. You could have a checkbox on the message to choose to hide it from your items, or even choose to only share them with specific ones.

6. All reusable consumables should have bonuses that scale from inanimate levels. As it is now, all the buff items are entirely undesirable to be transformed into.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2018, 23:46 

Game name: jill jarvis
This is like a dream list of item wants. We are good loyal loving things and most of us loyally want to help our owners. 3&4 I've sat silent and dutiful during battle and thought... "I hate watching this slaughter". Give this item a chance to fight!!... and then make me feel pretty.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 10:33 

Game name: Dana Tacida
Instead of number 1 I'd rather see the sorrounds of the place where are you dropped rather than place where you were transformed and where you will be restored if struggle free. That way you can interact with possible owners on the place where you really are.

Number 2 is good. If you play inanimate you should have some info if you lay there unnoticed or not. You can hardly expect inanimates waiting, holding their brath, for the exact second when they are picked up and disposed again. Those should be at log.

Number 3, sure why not.

Number 4, a big yes. Item/pet interaction is one way only. Owner have to find a handle and make a mail for any interaction. Simplified interracting will be welcome. That xp part is unnecessary. I prefer owner/item bodyswap for xp genering. Also when foreign pet interract, you have to find it by hand to interract back. If that comes to log, i should have an anchor at least.

Number 5, a big NO. There is a chat for multi people RPs.

Number 6. I have a feeling reusables have bonuses acording their levels. At leasts lovedolls and condoms have. I don't use them too much to be sure with all kinds.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2018, 16:04 

Game name: Breena Victor
Inoyushi wrote:
1. Being able to see where your owner is at all times and having access to a full log of player movements on the area you're in. It isn't very flavorful that you can see all surrounding players, but not the actual location your owner is at. I feel like inanimate players should be able to act as a spy to help their friends hunt down their current owner if they so chose to, or even just to interact with their animate friends more by acting as eyes and ears. You could even have these as a toggled setting for the owner to allow such things or restrict their items vision of the area and surrounding players as a role playing tool.

While the concept of being able to see every action in the location you’re in except for player movement might contradict what I will be saying in the next sentence, I’ll start by noting how much of a turn-off it would be not to be able to see anything and anyone at all as an item. On the actual suggestion, though, I feel it brings a certain degree of immersion to not know where you are. You’re an item, you can’t see - maybe you’re in someone’s purse or under their skirt, so no real reason for you to know anyhing about your surroundings. Same thing with the ‘spying’ idea, in my opinoon. As an item, it’s not like you’re in much of a position to inform others on your whereabouts, it feels logical to me.

Do note that pets are able to see their location, player movement, and that item, if dropped, also know where they are currently located.

Inoyushi wrote:
2. When your owner intentionally drops you or gets transformed and drops you, there should be a notification explaining what happened. When your owner sells you to a npc, there should be a notification saying who sold you to the npc. When you're bought from a npc there should be a notification too.

This I agree with. A wonderful idea.

Inoyushi wrote:
3. Combat interaction. When your owner is being attacked with spells, you should have notifications to let you know that they're in combat! Additional interactions could be added based on your form that grant a temporary buff of stats for 1 turn to help or hinder your owner. For example if your item grants Magicka, Regeneration, and negative Discipline; you could choose to boost one of those bonuses by 20% until the end of turn, for example.

The idea in itself is okay, I suppose, but not the way you’re suggesting it, I find. It would be quite OP for items to be able to boost one of their positive stats, one of their own choice, since the inanimate state is basically game over. The thought of an action able to provide a buff sounds good, but buff every stat, then. Positive and negative ones alike.

Inoyushi wrote:
4. Interaction from owner to inanimate/pet. You should be able to rub your items back, or pet your animals. This could do any number of things from redefining how inanimate players get experience to simply boosting the effect of their next interaction with you.

I approve.

Inoyushi wrote:
5. This one is more controversial, but it could be something to be toggled similarly to #1 by the owner. What if you, as an inanimate player or pet... were forwarded copies of all of your owners messages sent and received while they own you? From an improved role playing perspective, I think it would be amazing! Everything is communicated via private messages, and thematically speaking, it makes sense. You could have a checkbox on the message to choose to hide it from your items, or even choose to only share them with specific ones.

Most likely a pain to code, first things, but also a bad idea in my opinion; as tacida mentions, there’s chatrooms for that kind of stuff (with logs, in case of bad timezones). I could argue that items technically either can’t hear what people say and most forms describe the victims as too deeply broken in to care about human conversations, but I won’t get into that kind of debate. Lastly, even though you do mention it being togglable, it kind of feels like it’d intrude privacy.

Inoyushi wrote:
6. All reusable consumables should have bonuses that scale from inanimate levels. As it is now, all the buff items are entirely undesirable to be transformed into.

They already do. If an item at level ones gives you say, 50.00 WP per use, at a later level it’ll grant you 70.00, and so on. I don’t think the countdown on effects given my items does the same, however.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 20:57 

Game name: Angie Looper
tacida wrote:
Instead of number 1 I'd rather see the sorrounds of the place where are you dropped rather than place where you were transformed and where you will be restored if struggle free. That way you can interact with possible owners on the place where you really are.

That seems like more of a bug than anything. I would like to see it fixed too, it's really annoying not being able to see people actually in your area while you're inanimate on the ground.

breena.coppersun wrote:
Inoyushi wrote:

They already do. If an item at level ones gives you say, 50.00 WP per use, at a later level it’ll grant you 70.00, and so on. I don’t think the countdown on effects given my items does the same, however.

No, they don't. That was my point. Reusable consumable items that grant buff effects like +5 charisma for 5 turns for example do not stack based on item level at all. They always grant the same effect as a level 1 item. The only reusable consumables that stack are the ones that instantly replenish willpower or mana. If you get stuck as one of those items it really sucks.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 22:57 

Game name: Eve Faedrin
1. I Think the way tracking is is good and probably exists because of problems in the past...
2. I like this. It helps build your story!
3. I like this. Combat notifications might add flavor since some of those spells might be bouncing off the item.
4. Being able to rub back would be nice. I have been feeding my items positive reinforcement in the way of private messages, but this would add to it.
5. I can't see sharing private messages being okay in a game like this...