It is currently 20 May 2018, 23:00

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 21:49 

Game name: Angie Looper
I was thinking about one of the most abused tricks in this game for avoiding combat. The one where you just refresh the page and move away the instant your opponent enters your tile. Since they not only have to load the page and click on attack, but also then select a spell afterwards, it's nearly impossible to land a hit on your opponent before they move away. This drags out fights way longer than they need to be.

There are 3 ways I came up that would eliminate or counter this.

1. Add quick cast as an option in the settings that allows you to choose a spell. This will make you cast that spell every time you click on 'Attack' instead of bringing up the spell book at all until you disable it.
2. Add a new button that lets you cast a chosen spell every time you click on 'Attack' instead of bringing up the spell book at all.
3. Add an immobilizing debuff that lasts for 5 seconds whenever someone who was recently in combat with you enters the same tile as you.

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 22:59 

Game name: Eve Faedrin
I think if someone is just running away they SHOULD be hard to hit with spells. I think in a game that is already this punishing for death, the poor targets need all the help they can get!

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2018, 23:09 

Game name: Angie Looper
Faedrin wrote:
I think if someone is just running away they SHOULD be hard to hit with spells. I think in a game that is already this punishing for death, the poor targets need all the help they can get!

I'd like to bring up a situation where this is incredibly frustrating. A player picks a fight with you while you're weakened fighting a psychopath. The tide turns against their favor. They run away and abuse this trick to deny you. They then sit back and wait for you to be weakened again and repeat the cycle, because you don't have the time/patience/resources to chase them endlessly while they abuse a combat trick. They sit back and recover and wait for you to fight another psychopath, then attack you again. You can't ever finish them off because they run away like this and use little/no resources to do so. This means you are left entirely at the mercy of players that simply have more time to play than you do, regardless of their levels. Alternatively, groups of players can tag-team and abuse this endlessly to waste other players time.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 11:59 

Game name: Dana Tacida
I think that idea of 'loading' a quick spell from the spells book (directly from the list) is appealing even without link to some play strategies. It could be especially usable for cell phone players like I am sometimes. This classic modal can be very tricky and (thanks to a small screen) you have to scroll down to your target every time too.