It is currently 25 Feb 2018, 09:52

All times are UTC

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2018, 11:07 

Game name: Angie Looper
I think a really cool feature to add to this game would be localized chat other than shouting, and with it, filters for what you see at your current location! Example:

In this mock up I just added a talk button to the top left corner of the movement commands, similarly to how shouting is in the top right. I think this would be the smoothest way to implement for mobile while having an alternate version for the regular website, one with a chat input bar at the bottom of the screen.

I added 6 filter buttons that will do different things. When you have one selected, it becomes highlighted yellow. When disabled it is a darker shade.

Show All will do as it says and Show everything, disabling the other filters.
Show Chat will toggle showing chat messages and shout messages.
Show Combat will toggle showing spells being cast, meditation/cleanses/searches/enchantments, items being used, and pet interactions.
Show Movement will toggle showing movement of npcs, pets, and players.
Show Items will toggle showing items being dropped or picked up.
Show Tracked will toggle showing only actions of players on your tracked list.

Why track?

It allows you to more easily chase people in pvp and read the information given to you in events where there are lots of players or npcs moving around or you are delayed for multiple turns before being able to chase your target. If you do not have the filter set to tracked mode, your tracked players actions will still show up as a different color for you in the log to make it easier to notice their activity.

Why localized chat when there is already a chat system?
Localized chat is already in the game in the form of shouting, so why not simply expand upon it?
Localized chat promotes more group social activities instead of it being entirely done through private messages or chat rooms in a different window.

Why filters?
With the addition of localized chat, the message log could too easily be abundantly cluttered and would prompt such a change being added.