It is currently 20 May 2018, 23:14

All times are UTC

Post subject: Runes and rebalancing
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2018, 20:41 

Game name: Yuriko Oyama
Will bosses , demons, high level psychos and such be tuned with the severe loss of stats from items because right now level 9 rune is worse then level 1 base gear

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2018, 23:36 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
The stats on the runes will be raised higher than they are now. My aim is to keep a fully runed out set of gear roughly equivalent in power to the previous system.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2018, 09:36 

Game name: Angie Looper
Are runes that grant negative stats in exchange for more of a certain positive stat coming into play, or is the game going to be more static builds without trade-offs now?

How are you supposed to get runes anyway?

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 14:33 

Game name: Ai Noai
Inoyushi wrote:
Are runes that grant negative stats in exchange for more of a certain positive stat coming into play, or is the game going to be more static builds without trade-offs now?

How are you supposed to get runes anyway?

Runes are just from psychos and bosses.

I like the change up, I didn't see a general thread or anything but the way the item system went was very stale. Any changes at all renew interest for me and I think they are good! It isn't that different, and overhauls like this contribute to more changes in other areas.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 17:13 

Game name: Andrea Vanness
Will there be an update lettig higher level items get more runes slots? That way having items that actively level up would be an advantage

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2018, 22:31 
Transformania Admin

That's possible. For now, higher level items can have higher level runes attached on them, so there still is a benefit to having self-leveling items. Yes, the fact that only ever other level matters is a new downside, as is the annoyance of having to find new runes to replace outdated ones.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2018, 20:41 

Game name: Aden Milam
Also noticing an issue where the current quests are not balanced around the current stat limitations. Although the current system allows you to stack a single stat much higher at low levels, most quests require multiple stats above 20 which really can't be done until you're a higher level and able to buy a bunch of runes from Lindella.

Getting fortitude enough to carry more than 6 things is also much harder unless you want other stats to suffer.

The new system allows more freedom, but it is now harder to get any stats to a useful range, making raw level more important for sake of perks.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2018, 01:18 
Transformania Admin

I think for next round I'll bump the minor rune up to 10 and have every level up from there add +2, which will increase power levels overall.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2018, 15:45 

Game name: Yuriko Oyama
Maybe considder also bumping up boosts from leveling up to give +15 vs 10 to help compensate for loss of stats as well

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2018, 23:17 
Transformania Admin

I'd like to introduce runes with mixed stats next round to make it possible again to get +15 in one stat and -5 in another, for example. Ie, "Rune of the Ox", +15 fortitude, -5 charisma.