It is currently 20 May 2018, 23:32

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Problem with Runes
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018, 13:00 

Judoo wrote:
The reason I want to move all the stats off of items is because it only brings back the original problem that this was trying to solve. If players are looking to min/max their stats and being in PvP, or have an equal chance at the bosses as other players, they'll still have to forsake their preferred items to optimize those stats and the entire rune system become moot.

I was thinking that the actual stats wouldn't depend on the item, just the degree of those stats.

Maybe instead of having a proliferation of minor-standard-great-major-et cetera runes, we could just have a rune of Charisma, for instance, and how much Charisma it provided would largely depend on the level of the item it was attached to. Some runes could still be just plain better than others and provide better multipliers (boss runes for instance).

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2018, 10:59 

I do like to roleplay, but when I have time to collect stuff I also like to have some stats built up over time too. That lets me collect more stuff (take on more NPCs at least) and maybe interact with more players.

I have to say I agree with Ebon and Nack. While I like having some added control over which stats may be added to which outfits, as things are this is just MUCH more work and fuss. I don't enjoy doing nothing but grinding collection all day, unless that is the only point of the game anyway... It was plenty hard enough as it was to build up playing even enthusiastically casually, and this is getting silly.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2018, 07:59 

Wouldn't it be better to have the level of the item dictate how strong the runes embedded in them are, rather than have lots of different runes of differing power?

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2018, 17:44 

Game name: Angie Looper
Taking a break from the game indefinitely due to rune update ruining it for me. Extra layer of convoluted complexity that has no good reason to exist and is just a huge waste of time and resources that makes players weaker.