It is currently 20 May 2018, 22:57

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2015, 04:40 

Game name: Crissa
I don't know, but I think we need a new poll after this round.

On one hand I like the stats; the have trade-offs, and that's cool.

On the other hand... I feel after the tweaking that lots fewer builds are really viable. It's really easy to build yourself into a corner and not really know why it happened. The stats have two layers of obfuscation and we don't have an equipment list and all the equipment has to be clicks on and scrolled to read the stats on it. It's really hard to compare gear right now.

I'm just not having any fun with the gear now.

-Crissa

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2015, 22:42 

Game name: Chastity Meerkat
Crissa wrote:
The stats have two layers of obfuscation and we don't have an equipment list and all the equipment has to be clicks on and scrolled to read the stats on it. It's really hard to compare gear right now.
This has been my experience as well. Because there were no apparent changes to the base mechanics, the new stats instead of simplifying your ability to analyze and make decisions instead serve only as an extra layer of junk you need to interpret in order to select gear. And, if anything, they've made hyperspecializtion more of an issue with all of the goofy problems that will bring as people try to add new content.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2015, 05:23 

Game name: Elyn Kitsu
Does this mean people finally agree and I should actually work on the revamped part two stats post >_>?

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2015, 06:43 

Game name: Kari Pink
Elynsynos wrote:
Does this mean people finally agree and I should actually work on the revamped part two stats post >_>?

I like reading Elyn posts of mechanics and stats fun.

So all signs point to yes. <3

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2015, 15:46 

Game name: Chastity Meerkat
I admit that I didn't read the whole thread but I can't imagine there being disagreements (well that isn't true - I have read other threads here...). The idea behind the new stats is great. It's just the implementation, as an extra layer laid on top of what was already there, that seems a little oddly chosen.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 02:02 

This probably would've been more transparent if the poll options when the new stats were implemented didn't boil down to:

"What do you think of the new stats system?"

( ) It's God's/Goddess' gift to TT!
( ) It makes me hard and/or moist just thinking about it!
( ) It's not the best thing since sliced bread, but it's close!
( ) The only way I could love it more was if I was smart enough to grasp its complexity.
( ) It's got so many layers... like an onion. I do like onions though.
( ) *giggle* I'm like, too dumb for maths and numbers and junk.

But it all boils down to the actual stats being just as broken as they were before. We just clumped them together and dressed them up in Ren Faire names.

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2016, 21:06 

Game name: Vivien
It is a little bad for this to be still stickied as outdated as it is. I wanted to check back with this for the two curse spells I write, but aside of old stats, the numbers shouldn't add up either I think... oh and the google doc is about to be deleted.

You cursed Olive Sutter III with Gift of the Fae. (+1 XP) Congratulations, you have gained an experience level!
- Level 7 to 8...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13