It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 23:54

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: NEW STATS EXPLANATION
PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 20:36 
Transformania Admin

Game name: changes every player
Contribution Conversion progress: 60 of 366 remaining (does not include effects)

Elyn wrote up a Google Docs version that might be easier to use to visual the relative stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NQfMZLPkKvj0GN6DCWyCD_WhqbyVp8rm2FOMV9rrNqA/edit#gid=0

Below are more details as to how each category in the new stat system works. This is a modification of Martiandawn's Holistic Proposal.

10 Discipline (Affects the strength of your mental defenses; resistance to willpower attacks and ability to recover lost willpower. Improving your defense against willpower attacks diverts power away from your own willpower attacks. A disciplined mind is inherently skeptical of the concept of luck, making you less inclined to rely on random chance operating in your favor)
+2.00 Willpower damage reduction (%)
+1.00 Maximum willpower (%)
+0.50 Willpower from cleansing (Amt)
-1.00 Willpower attack damage (%)
-1.00 Extra critical hit chance (%)

10 Perception (Affects the accuracy of your spell-casting and your ability to detect hidden things. The price that you pay for taking the time to observe and analyze your surroundings is slower movement speed and a reduction to the amount of mana you glean from meditation)
+3.00 Evasion Negation (%)
+1.00 Sneak detection (%)
+1.50 Misfire reduction (%)
-0.05 Action point discount (Amt)
-1.00 Mana from meditating (Amt)

10 Charisma (Affects the strength of your willpower and transformation attacks; it represents your ability to influence people and bend them to your design. However, your overconfidence tends to undermine your accuracy, and your pride makes you more susceptible to others' willpower attacks)
+2.00 Willpower attack damage (%)
+2.00 Transformation attack damage (%)
-1.00 Willpower damage reduction (%)
-0.50 Misfire chance reduction (%)

10 Fortitude (Affects the strength of your physical defenses; resistance to transformation attacks and the ability to carry more gear. Toughening your body reduces its limberness, inhibiting your ability to move stealthily and dodge incoming attacks.)
+2.00 Transformation damage reduction (%)
+0.50 Inventory space (Amt)
-0.50 Willpower from cleansing (Amt)
-2.00 Evasion (%)
-4.00 Sneak (%)

10 Agility (Affects your ability to move quickly, which helps you dodge attacks and avoid detection. Quickness requires a light, lithe build that is not able to take a lot of physical abuse; thus your resistance to transformation damage is inhibited and you are not able to carry as much gear)
+2.50 Sneak (%)
+2.00 Evasion (%)
+0.08 Action point discount (Amt)
-1.0 Transformation damage reduction (%)
-0.50 Inventory space (Amt)

10 Allure (Affects your innate sex appeal or animal magnetism. The more attractive you are, the more susceptible your opponents are to your willpower attacks and the less likely they are to dodge. Yet physical beauty makes one susceptible to vanity, which increases your vulnerability to willpower damage. Your attractiveness also makes it hard to go unnoticed.)
+3.00 Willpower attack damage (%)
+2.00 Evasion Negation (%)
-1.00 Maximum willpower (%)
-2.00 Sneak (%)
-2.00 Sneak detection (%)

10 Magicka (Reflects you raw magic potential; the stronger your connection to the ambient magical fields around you, the more mana you have at your disposal and the more transformation energy you can focus on your opponents. Yet having so much magic flowing through you makes it harder to purge transformation energy, and interferes with your ability to focus on your targets)
+2.00 Transformation attack damage (%)
+2.00 Maximum mana (%)
+1.00 Mana recovered from meditating (Amt)
-0.50 Transformation energy removal (%)
-2.00 Evasion negation (%)

10 Succour (Affects your ability to tap into ambient magical energies and manipulate them to recover mana and willpower. Some of your mana is constantly diverted into the recovery of mana and willpower, reducing your maximum pool. Focusing on the healing powers of magic invokes a natural aversion toward harming others)
+1.00 Mana recovery per update (Amt)
+1.00 Willpower recovery per update (Amt)
-1.00 Maximum mana (%)
-1.00 Transformation attack damage (%)

10 Luck (Random chance seems to operate in your favor. Or maybe the gods look kindly upon you. However you choose to rationalize it, luck affects your chance to score amazingly successful blows against your opponents. Luck also helps you shrug off accumulated transformation energy. Yet relying on luck can leave you exposed if the dice roll goes against you)
+1 Extra critical hit chance (%)
+0.75 Transformation energy removal (%)
-1.00 Willpower damage reduction (%)
-0.75 Transformation damage reduction (%)

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 21:43 

Game name: Vivien
One important question remains unanswered:

Do -10 Discipline amount in the exact opposite result, meaning you gain 1% Crit and Will DMG? Logic would dictate yes.

Judoo confirmed this in chat.

Some food of thought about the current scale:

If the aforementioned points are given for 10 points in those, then a completely agility skilled pet will only give around 7% in Sneak and 6% Evasion. Maybe we should halve the scale to 5?

Another point that immediately sprung in chat:

Too many stats are cluttered in one container. The container are great to prevent a huge rework every round, but we need more containers and less stats. Currently so many are influenced by one point, that it makes it hard to do anything right. Variety is nearly dead... The trader of Luxianne that was possible in the old system doesn't work here. Yet in the Lapemis-System - maybe with my proposed changes - it could exist with Strength and Agility, maybe dropping magical and physical resistance like before. Other forms and items have the same problem. I mean it, the clutter is killing. We need more container and less stats. We shouldn't give up on reworking in my eyes.

You cursed Olive Sutter III with Gift of the Fae. (+1 XP) Congratulations, you have gained an experience level!
- Level 7 to 8...

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 23:32 

Game name: Calem
Now Luxxiane will need to redraw the Travelling Merchant with some pumped up back muscles to make sense with the 'more inventory slots' stat... :)

PostPosted: 05 May 2015, 23:49 

Game name: Troodon
How do you make a form immobile, under the new system?

"I'd rather die than give you control." -Nine Inch Nails, "Head Like a Hole"

Last edited by Troodon on 06 May 2015, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 06 May 2015, 00:07 

Yes, click below to unlock it and remove the old stats. They are meant to be kept as a guide I figure to translate your old ones. Sadly it is hard to translate them.

You cursed Olive Sutter III with Gift of the Fae. (+1 XP) Congratulations, you have gained an experience level!
- Level 7 to 8...

PostPosted: 06 May 2015, 00:52 

Vivien wrote:
Yes, click below to unlock it and remove the old stats. They are meant to be kept as a guide I figure to translate your old ones. Sadly it is hard to translate them.

Er figured out the answer to that question before I came up with another, that I meant to change it to. Under the new system, how do you set a form as immobile?

PostPosted: 06 May 2015, 00:53 

AP movement isn't locked because of that. You can add -150 or -999. Judoo said it is free of charge.

- Level 7 to 8...

PostPosted: 06 May 2015, 00:56 

Vivien wrote:
AP movement isn't locked because of that. You can add -150 or -999. Judoo said it is free of charge.

Questioning whether I should go back and give spells AP bonuses and penalties now. Some make sense to the form to have a penalty or bonus... but basically you're saying this is a free stat essentially?

PostPosted: 06 May 2015, 01:12 

No, only making them IMMOBILE is free of charge, anything else is a violation and unapprovable.

- Level 7 to 8...

PostPosted: 06 May 2015, 01:33 

Vivien wrote:
No, only making them IMMOBILE is free of charge, anything else is a violation and unapprovable.

Fair enough; that only applies to one spell I've written anyway (the stone lion).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next